Should I Be Doing SEO and PPC At The Same Time?

SEO and PPC At The Same Time

SEO and PPC At The Same Time?

There is absolutely no way to ask this question without looking at how internet marketing works. However, it is a question we must ask at one time or another when it comes to marketing our business online.

SEO has come a long way and organic searches remain instrumental in directing traffic online. Over time, many sites have been optimized to get the best results. However, in today’s market, most businesses have also supplemented organic optimization with Pay Per Click marketing (PPC) and the two have proven to be quite effective on their own and even better when combined.

Despite assertions that their respective strategies work only when applied alone, SEO and PPC experts have been forced to duck behind their desks after statistics proved that these two methods of gaining traffic work best when used together, to the extent of being reliant on each other.

These two strategies overlap all the time and for good reason. For example, 70% of traffic for webpages comes from organic searches, while the remaining 30% originates from paid advertising positions. On the surface, you might think that SEO is better in this instance. Well, not really, because those users who make these visits do not necessarily belong to the demographic the business is targeting, so the conversion could be very low.

On the other hand, PPC results are specific and targeted. Integrating these two therefore gives you a very strong result, which is a lot of high intent traffic that targets those mostly in your niche. So the question still remains, do the two strategies work effectively when combined? In the face of the statistics, it seems that the clear answer is yes.

Analytics show that the average company experiences a 25% increase in overall clicks after the integration of the two strategies. More importantly, the final figures indicate an increase in profits up to 27%, which clearly shows how effective the two strategies are.

Stand alone, PPC marketing is a more immediate and direct marketing approach. Simply put, if you need leads and phone calls right now, this week…you need a PPC campaign up and running instantly. If you would like to build longer term organic rankings you should be doing building citations and doing SEO for your local business.


Ed Stapleton, Jr is a ‘Google Partner’ marketing expert who’s sold over 1,500 Google Ads clients and managed millions in ad spend. He heads up the front of the house at his marketing agency Clicks Geek where he manages sales and strategic relationships.

Take your business to the next level with a marketing agency that actually delivers.

Clicks Geek is a U.S. Based marketing agency focused on positive-ROI customer acquisition. If you want to grow your brand through digital marketing, let’s talk!

Based in Pennsylvania, USA

As a Google Premier Partner Agency, we’ve joined the cream of the crop in PPC specialists. This designation is reserved for only a small fraction of Google Partners who have demonstrated a consistent track record of success.
© 2024 Clicks Geek · Designed by:
  • Solutions
  • CoursesUpdated
  • About
  • Blog
  • Contact