In 2020, roofing companies and roofing contractors faced revenue challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the economic downturn. However, the Freedonia Group predicts that the market for roof repair, roof replacement, and new construction will come roaring back in the next few years. How can you act quickly to beat out the competition to capture this surge in roofing demand?
If you’re a roofing contractor, you already know the value of having a website to drive revenue. The majority of consumers use the internet to explore roofing options and find a roofing contractor. However, having a company website isn’t enough to stand out in a crowded field of roofing companies.
An effective digital marketing strategy must combine search engine optimization (SEO) with pay-per-click advertising (PPC) to ensure that your roofing business attracts its share of traffic and leads. Although SEO and PPC are essential in growing your roofing company, PPC advertising is the fastest way for roofers to grow business with highly qualified leads. It’s not a debate of PPC vs. SEO for pool services: SEO efforts and PPC for roofers’ ads complement each other, so you need both in a successful marketing strategy.
SEO for Slow and Steady Growth
Optimizing your website is key to driving traffic through organic (non-paid) search results. Applying SEO to your site is relatively easy, but it requires considerable time and attention. Here are a few SEO practices that you shouldn’t overlook:
- Add keywords to content: Load your content pages with keywords—your company name and words or phrases customers commonly use to find your site in search
- Update your content often: Search engines don’t like stale content, so update content and images frequently
- Check your phone to make sure your site is mobile-friendly: Most customers will use their phone to navigate your site
It might take months after you begin to implement your SEO strategy before your website starts appearing on the first page of search results. That’s why it’s important to include roofing PPC ads in your digital marketing program.
Want a Quick Return on Investment? Try a PPC Campaign
For a small investment, paid ads can deliver leads and calls the same day you post your PPC campaigns. Google Ads generate almost double the lead conversions than organic search traffic does. PPC ads are an inexpensive marketing tool because they are cost-per-click, meaning that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Other benefits include:
- Ability to measure results and ROI in realtime
- Provides a mountain of business data to convert leads into revenue
- Allows you to target people based on their interest in roofing and many other factors
- Gives you complete pricing and budget control
- Delivers much quicker results than SEO while helping to strengthen your SEO efforts by delivering visitors to your site or a landing page
Need Help With Digital Campaigns?
The roofing industry is on a path for rapid growth. Trust our SEO and PPC experts at Clicks Geek to build and manage your campaigns while you focus on the incoming leads. At Clicks Geek, we will do everything, including keyword research, writing ads, and advising you on social media optimization. Contact us at Clicks Geek online to get started, or call us at 917-310-1597.