Like many other industries, the U.S. electrical business took a beating in 2020 because of the coronavirus crisis and the economic downturn. However, the future is looking much brighter for the electrician business going forward. With new construction and reconstruction on the rise, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 8% increase in demand for electricians in the next decade.
There are more than 700,000 electricians in the country fighting for new business. How do you make your company stand out from the competition? The answer is simple: Develop a strong digital marketing campaign.
As you probably know, most people looking for electrician experts turn to search engines like Google. If your company has a website, but you haven’t created effective digital marketing campaigns that include optimization (SEO) strategies, pay-per-click ads, and social media, you most likely are losing business.
Digital Approaches to Ranking High in Google Search Results for Electrical Contractors
Multiple ways exist to leverage the internet to your advantage, but what’s the best way to get started with pricing that won’t break your budget?
The two foundational approaches to web marketing are:
- Search engine optimization of your web page (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
When examining PPC vs. SEO for electricians, how do you know which strategy is right to attract customers and grow your business? The answer is both. It’s essential to combine SEO’s organic search power with the quick-acting lead-generation of electrician PPC ads to help your business grow.
Creating a solid SEO program will help ensure that customers can find your site in search engines. Site optimization is fairly easy, but it requires considerable attention. To make sure your site or landing pages are easy-to-find on an organic (non-paid) search results page, it’s important to do the following:
- Review every content page to ensure that each contains plenty of keywords (words and phrases customers enter into search to find your site)
- Refresh your content and images regularly because Google penalizes sites with stale content
- Hire a web design expert to make sure your site is mobile-friendly and otherwise optimized
- Look into content pricing and hire a copywriter to create fresh content regularly
SEO is important in developing organic traffic, but it might take weeks to improve your search rankings. An electrician PPC campaign is a much quicker way to deliver revenue results.
PPC Advertising for Fast Results and Pricing Control
PPC advertisements—like Google Ads—are one of the best and least expensive ways to attract new customers. You only pay when a customer clicks on an ad, which tends to keep costs low and qualified leads high. In fact, PPC ads outperform organic traffic by double in converting leads to revenue. A few additional benefits include:
- Delivers calls and leads much more quickly than SEO
- Supports your SEO efforts by bringing people directly to landing pages with services and brand pricing
- Allows you to measure ROI and traffic results
- Provides a wealth of customer information
- Allows you to target people interested in electrical work by location
A word about PPC costs: You may hear about extraordinary PPC rates, which generally apply only to extremely competitive fields. According to Google, the average PPC rate is $1-2, but this may go way up if hundreds or thousands of people are bidding for the same search terms.
Need Help Marketing Your Company?
Trust the experts at Clicks Geek to build and manage campaigns that will attract customers and grow revenue. We’ll assign an account manager to customize a strategy that will fit your needs. Get started by calling us at 917-310-1597 or by contacting Clicks Geek online.