If you’re still relying on word of mouth and print media, you may have started noticing a drop in business. Most customers have moved online and will do their research to choose an auto repair business based on what they see on web pages and social media.
Digital marketing is currently the best option for auto repair shop marketing. It may seem difficult at first, but moving your business into the digital age will help you get new customers and keep your existing ones.
Develop Your Online Presence
Having an online presence is about more than just listing your business in a directory. You need to have a website, a social media presence, and a way to make sure that potential customers can find you with search engine optimization (SEO). You should consider the following components of your digital marketing strategy:
- A professional website: your first step is to have a smart-looking, mobile-friendly website that does more than just give your address and contact details. You should include what services you offer, testimonials, and links to your social sites and your blog.
- A blog: a blog is an excellent way to establish your auto shop as professional and knowledgeable. You don’t have to post daily, but try to post a helpful blog with informative tips at least once a week. If you’ve run out of inspiration, check out what other auto repair shops and auto websites are writing about. Even simple topics like ‘Why You Need an Oil Change’ can drive traffic and interest to your site.
- Social media marketing: using Facebook ads and having a presence on Instagram and Twitter will make your business look more legitimate and help with word-of-mouth marketing. If someone leaves a happy review on your Facebook page, most people will assume it’s genuine, which will drive traffic to your page and help grow your business.
- SEO: If you’ve spent lots of time perfecting your website, it would be a waste if it were on the third page of search results. Search engines use complex algorithms to decide how to order search results, and you want to be as high up as possible. Simple ways to improve your SEO include putting your business on Google Maps, having a My Business Listing, and investing in SEO marketing tools.
- Email marketing: like cold-calling, this form of marketing helps you reach a broad audience who would otherwise not see your business. It’s relatively easy to set up but needs tweaking to truly shine. If you get your notification frequency lifecycle stage wrong, you can either annoy potential customers or not generate enough interest in your service.
- Pay-per-click advertising: PPC is a method to put your website at the top of any specific Google search results page. It’s a paid way to advertise, and you’ll pay for every customer that clicks on the ad link, even if they don’t actually book a session at your shop.
Improve Your Auto Repair Shop Customer Service
Customers love responsiveness. You can find plenty of marketing ideas that rely on making it as easy as possible for customers to use your service. From online booking forms to chatbots, the possibilities are endless.