Nearly every business that exists in today’s world can benefit from digital marketing.
Essentially, any business in which the majority of their customers use the internet is a prime target for your services.
However, there are certain industries that lend themselves to the online world.
Digital marketing is a broad term that includes many different services. For this article, we’ll assume you’re only offering marketing services around the big 2 platforms: Facebook or Google. With this in mind, let’s waste no further time and cover the 44 best clients for digital marketing services.
Characteristics to Look for
The best digital marketing clients generally have some characteristics in common with one another.
Below, you’ll find a list of qualities to be on the lookout for when choosing your niche.
The service/product has a high price point and or lifetime customer value
The more a business makes from a single sale and customer the easier it is for you to justify high retainers for your services.
Secondly, you won’t have to be as concerned about the total volume of traffic you drive to the business since a single customer can make them $10/20/30k dollars.
Therefore, it’s ideal to aim to get high-end digital marketing clients as opposed to business with low price-points.
Quick sales turnaround & simple sales process
There are some industries where customer’s do deep research before making a purchase. Additionally, there are other niches where the sales process can last months at a time.
In general, you’ll want to try and avoid these spaces since your conversion rates will suffer.
Look for industries where there is low brand loyalty, the sale process is simple, and people just need a solution as soon as possible.
Specifically, emergency home services perform exceptionally well with digital marketing strategies because the customers are looking for quick solutions, the sales process is simple (an estimate), and the prices are significantly higher for real estate repairs.
Competitors are already investing in online marketing
It’s counter-intuitive but you’ll want to look for niches that already have competition spending money on online marketing. Further, it helps to find markets where there are other agencies providing the service you intend to offer.
Competition points to healthy markets and verifies that a) businesses are benefiting from marketing online and b) they’re hiring agencies to do the work for them.
Lastly, the best clients for digital marketing are going to be the companies already investing money in it. It’s much harder to convince a company with no online presence to invest in ad management than a company spending $5,000 a month in ad spend.
How People Use the Internet
As mentioned earlier, this list of businesses to target lumps digital marketing as a whole.
You may find that some industries on this list perform better with Facebook and others will perform better with Google.
Most of this information will come from market research into the buying behavior of the specific industry’s customers.
You should try and determine, upfront, which platform to leverage at the start but ultimately, testing and data will tell you which marketing strategy is most effective for an industry.
List of Digital Marketing Niches to Target
Here are 42 highly profitable local digital marketing industries, broken down by sector, that you can pitch digital marketing services to..
Home Service Sector
- High price point
- Quick turnaround
- Simple sales process
- Easy to contact decision makers
- Highly competitive
- Your competing with established companies like HomeAdvisor andThumbtack as well as other huge agencies
- They tend to have more trouble finding good labor than maintaining consistent leads
- A large percentage of the businesses don’t have smooth sales processes to handle leads.
- Solar Installation
- Paving Companies
- Water & Fire Restoration
- Moving Companies
- House Cleaning
- Foundation Repair
- Mold Removal
- Pest Control
- Power Washing
- Deck Building
- Tree Removal
- High customer lifetime value
- Fast turnaround
- Decision maker is usually easy to contact
- Smoother sales processes
- High competition
- Talking with lawyers (haha just kidding)
- Divorce Lawyers
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Immigration Lawyer
- DUI Lawyer
- Bankruptcy Lawyer
- Employment Lawyer
- Family Lawyer
- Real Estate Lawyer
- Lemon Lawyers
- Estate Planning Lawyer
- High customer lifetime value
- Fairly low competition
- Fairly easy sales process
- Front desk to respond to leads
- Gated decision makers
- Working within HIPAA rules
- ENT Doctors
- Plastic Surgeons
- Significantly high price point
- Moderate sales turnaround
- Generally lower competition
- Solid sales processes
- Decision makers are sometimes hard to contact
- Lower volume of potential customers
- Janitorial Services
- Staffing Services
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Asphalt Paving
- Local SEO | How To Rank Higher On Google FAST w/ Lane Houk - April 29, 2020
- Adwords Match Types Tutorial – Google Ads Keyword Match Types 🔥🔥🔥 - April 20, 2020
- How To Sell Google Adwords, SEO, SMMA & Digital Marketing Services 💲 - April 20, 2020
- Google Adwords Course: An Honest Reivew Of Google Ads Training Academy - April 20, 2020
- Thank You Page Video - April 20, 2020
- Adwords Training Video - April 20, 2020
- Google Ads Training Academy Review - April 20, 2020
- Adwords Target CPA Tutorial – Google Ads Cost Per Action 🔥 - April 20, 2020
- Google Ads Tutorial – How To Advertise On Google For Beginners 🔥 - April 20, 2020
- Clicks Geek Review - April 20, 2020