Google Ads platform has significantly grown since its launch back in 2000. It boasts a worth of $95 billion. Most digitally focused industries have become reliant on the platform to keep their businesses operational. Initially considered a very low exchange avenue for businesses regarding client attraction and revenue growth, it has grown into a highly competitive marketplace. Per-pay click (PPC) experts are the only ones capable of navigating the complex Google Ads system that has exponentially grown over time. PPC experts are the only ones capable of optimizing Google Ads than the inexperienced advertisers used to the previous simpler Google Ads version.
Ad Location Extensions
Ad location extensions are vital levers for PPC experts to perform effective optimization. Location extensions offer a means to allow more traffic to your business. Location extensions show ads with your address, distance to your business, and a specific map to your location. People can access more information regarding your setting and the business when they click. Location extensions may also include a call button or, in other instances, a phone number that clients can use to reach you directly. They increase the possibility of people taking action. Local extensions look like this:
Location extensions are especially essential in attracting and keeping local clients. However, these extensions are not limited to locally based campaigns. You can enhance your ad Quality Score by using multiple nearby locations, maximizing the extra ad space for communicating value, and increasing the click-through rates. To make the most out of location extensions on your Google Ads campaigns, you should link your Google Ads account to your Google My Business account and ensure location extensions activation.
Google Ads and Google My Business
While these two platforms can be grouped easily, such as providing an advertisement platform for your clients to reach you., there are some critical differences between these two. Both are great for different businesses with varying marketing strategies. However, while Google Ads target clients based on various personal information such as age group, location, and interest, Google My Business aims to reach out to local clients, and it has taken Google Places’ position. Another significant difference is that for Google Ads, you must pay. Still, you also have control regarding the expenditure on the advertisements, while Google My Business is free, making it the most preferred choice for digital marketers working with a limited budget. Customer engagement is another area where the two differ. In Google My Business, you can use the messaging sector to communicate with your clients and resolve issues. For Google Ads, a customer match tool collects your clients’ information, allowing you to revert to them afterward.
How to Link Google My Business and Google Ads using Location Extensions
Step 1 – Ensure the email address used on Google Ads is the same as the email used on your Google My Business account.
Find the email associated with the Google My Business account you want to connect to and log in to your Google My Business account. Navigate the account to locate the settings. Once you locate the settings, you will notice the preferred email address in the second option from the top. Check to confirm if it is the same email address used to log you or your client into the Google Ads account. If it is the same email, then proceed to the next step. However, if it is not, you will have to log into the Google Ads email and give permission to the admin to access the email used in the Google My Business account. Follow these steps to do this once in your Google Ads account.
Go to Tools > Setup > Account Access: Once at the account access screen, click on the + icon, which is blue and follow the instructions to add the email address, talking to the admin position. Once this is done, move to step 2.
Step 2 – In your Google Ads account, navigate to the “Extensions” tab.
- Create a new extension by clicking the blue + icon, and while there, choose location from the options given.
- The drop-down menu with the pop-up screen will allow you to click on the connected My Business account. This step allows you to request access to the appropriate Google My Business account using this Google Ads email by following the pop-up prompts.
- Click continue and review the information associated with the location and verify it. Once you are sure the information is correct, click Finish.
Done! You now have a Google Ads account fully connected to your Google My Business account. This connection allows you to use the various locations linked to the account, which are shown as extensions in your ads. You can now effectively use the two platforms to promote your business and enhance your online presence.
- Link Google My Business and Google Ads Using Location Extensions (Step By Step) - July 21, 2022
- Local SEO | How To Rank Higher On Google FAST w/ Lane Houk - April 29, 2020
- Adwords Match Types Tutorial – Google Ads Keyword Match Types 🔥🔥🔥 - April 20, 2020
- How To Sell Google Adwords, SEO, SMMA & Digital Marketing Services 💲 - April 20, 2020
- Google Adwords Course: An Honest Reivew Of Google Ads Training Academy - April 20, 2020
- Thank You Page Video - April 20, 2020
- Adwords Training Video - April 20, 2020
- Google Ads Training Academy Review - April 20, 2020
- Adwords Target CPA Tutorial – Google Ads Cost Per Action 🔥 - April 20, 2020
- Google Ads Tutorial – How To Advertise On Google For Beginners 🔥 - April 20, 2020