We have a lot of white label PPC management clients and over the years I’ve spoken and emailed with hundreds of local marketers, consultants, SEO’s, marketing companies and design agencies who were looking for a solution to outsource their PPC management.
During these conversations one thing struck me…
I found myself answering the same questions over and over again.
And if I’m being completely honest – it was a bit frustrating at times.
And it was completely my own fault because up until today I never documented the process in order to make it easier on myself and for my white label prospects and partners.
I’ve decided to document all of my most frequently asked questions into one definitive guide in order to make selecting and working with a white label PPC management company as easy and effortless as possible.
As you read this guide you may say to yourself…
Hey, this is all about Ed’s white label business.
Anddddd you’d be correct.
I can’t speak for the entire white label PPC industry so this guide is entirely based on my experience working with tons of clients in a white label capacity.
This is how we do things here and what we consider to be best practice.
So without further adieu a little drum roll please….
Frequently Asked Questions
My client is new to AdWords, how do I set up an account for them?
If you client is new to AdWords you can create a new account for them here.
My client is already using AdWords, how do I find out their Customer ID number?
When you log into your client’s AdWords account you will find their customer ID number under your clients name.
You recommend setting up an MCC account – what is that and why do I need one?
An MCC is a super convenient tool Google gives you to manage and view multiple Google Adwords client accounts from one single location.
MCC’s make managing more than one account a lot easier and faster.
How do we, Clicks Geek, access your client’s account?
Once you have your Google MCC set up you will start adding clients into that dashboard. We will request access into your MCC via OUR MCC so we can view and manage your client campaigns. This permission setting takes a minute to get set up.
Will my clients know you are working on their campaigns or that you’ve been in their account?
NO, We NEVER speak to your client. You are responsible for getting your clients and managing that relationship and we are responsible for the backend campaign setup and management. We offer all the backend support you will need but we never speak to your clients.
If it’s a very large client we’d be willing to hop on a sales call with you as your ‘ppc manager’ to help you answer questions and to aide in closing the sale however this is on a case by case basis.
My client has some questions and I’m not sure how to answer them, what do I do?
Shoot us an email or give us a call with any questions and we’ll get you sorted out. We can even take screenshots from within the account to show the client to make explaining everything a heck of a lot easier. Most times a quick screenshot or a 30 second screencast video can cut right to the chase and take the place of a 15 minute conversation with your client.
What type of work will you be doing in my clients Adwords campaign?
Below is just a short “hit list” of PPC management services that will be addressed and worked upon on a frequent basis for your campaigns.
We are not one of the “trendy” PPC companies who churns and burns clients or only works on their campaigns once every 2 weeks, we wanna keep you around.
When you win, we win.
- Creating Google Search Engine Marketing Campaigns with specific client needs (includes Location, Network, Devices, CPC, CPM, CPA, Bidding Option, Ad Extension – Location Extension, Phone Extension, Site links)
- Creating Multiple Adgroups by analyzing different products/services offered by the client.
- Setting up and Adjusting the Maximum Bid for the Adgroups.
- Creating multiple effective Ads for every Adgroup and tuning the ads for performance.
- Analyzing your industry, understanding the end user needs/wants and creating effective keywords from users’ search points.
- Creating Campaign Level Negative Keywords.
- Creating Adgroup level Negative Keywords.
- Analyzing your business Goals and Setting up Google Analytics to track user behavior and other metrics.
- Monitoring your Google Adwords PPC performance by analyzing Google Analytics reports for Conversion Tracking, Campaign Tracking and Goal Conversions.
- Decreasing the monthly spending budget for existing campaigns by analyzing and improving Quality Score.
- Suggesting/implementing improvements for Landing page optimization for specific Adgroups.
- Reducing client’s monthly spend by removing irrelevant keywords from the search query keywords, a continuous process of adding/removing positive and negative keywords.
- Bidding analysis and management down to the keyword level and reducing CPC.
- Improving CTR.
- Improving average ad position.
- Creating multiple Ad Copy testing and tuning. A/B testing your copy continuously.In the effort to increase the Quality Score of the keywords we are running, we will make recommendations to the landing pages of your site (or if we have built your landing page we will implement the changes)
What type of info do I need from my client to “on-board” them as a client?
Well, first off, congrats on the new client!
Here’s a list of info you will need to get your client on-boarded.
- Your clients AdWords Customer ID number. (If they are new see above for help setting up an account.)
- Business name
- Clients name
- Website URL
- Niche we will be targeting ads for
- Geographic area we will be targeting. This can be a town, city, state, region, country, etc. It can even be a radius around a specific location.
- Email address to send leads to from the landing page
- Phone number to send calls to from the tracking number. We suggest always having a live person answer these calls.
- Monthly ad budget
- Ad Schedule – what days of the week, times of the day, are they open for business
- Any other pertinent info we should know – ie: types of services in their niche they do not want to target.
Do you offer reporting?
Yes, your clients can be set-up on weekly or monthly reporting branded to your company. Each report will contain the clients statistics and also compare the statistics to the previous weeks report. We use Swydo and Agency Analytics. Here’s an example report.
Do you offer landing pages?
Yes we offer landing pages and in 99% of cases we require clients to use one of our landing pages. Driving traffic to your homepage, like most local businesses do, is almost always a waste of money. We build high converting, mobile optimized landing pages using Instapage which allows for real time A/B split testing to find the best version of the page.
A high converting landing page is one of the biggest drivers in the success of your paid traffic campaign.
Why handcuff ourselves by not giving us and your client the greatest chance for success?
If you don’t want to be a loser…use a landing page.
We make them super affordable for you and your client with a small one time fee of $99.
Yup, that’s right.
For only $99 we’ll go buy a domain for your client, host it on our server, design it and write all the copy.
Plenty of room for you to up charge your client to make a little extra dough.
Do you offer call tracking?
Yes we offer call tracking and call recording. We use Call Tracking Metrics.
Do you set up Google Analytics?
No we do not use Google Analytics. Google AdWords has its own tracking/reporting software and that is what we use. Since we are predominately using single page landing pages more in-depth tracking and analytics are not needed and would be overkill.
What does CPC mean?
CPC stands for cost per click and it means how much someone pays Google when their ad is clicked.
What type of Ad budget do you recommend we start with?
That’s a great question but unfortunately hard to answer so I’ll go with “it depends”.
It depends on the niche, search volumes, the location and ultimately the markets CPC. Many local businesses can thrive on $1,500/mo ad budget while with that same budget in another niche a business would struggle to do well and gain traction. It comes down to the monthly search volumes in the market, the number of advertisers and how much the CPC’s are.
Before you get the hang of judging this I’d recommend shooting us an email for advice prior to quoting your potential client.
How small of an ad budget can you work with?
Another good question and again unfortunately I’ll have to answer with “it depends”. If the CPC’s are low we can get away with a budget of less than $1,000 per month but if they are like most local business CPC’s I wouldn’t suggest a monthly budget less than that. Hit us up with questions about your particular prospective client and we can provide you with our best insights into what we think will work best without costing a fortune.
How many leads can we expect per month?
That’s a tough question to answer because so many variables are at play. While we have experience and case studies in lots of niches the truth is every city/town/state is slightly different because a whole new set of companies are playing king of the hill shooting for top placement.
We are not mind readers and can’t read the future but we can take a look at your clients niche and city and give you our best estimates.
Will you set up conversion tracking for my client?
Yes. Without knowing what keywords are turning into leads and which are wasting money its impossible to optimize a campaign. Our team will handle setting all of the conversion tracking up for you.
What do you suggest for my clients Ad Schedule?
It’s in your best interest to set-up a time for your ads to start and stop…preferably only running the ads during business hours. Let’s be realistic, its not going to be the greatest lead that comes through at 3:54 am or a phone call that comes in after you’re closed for business. We advise everyone run a little before business hours and a little after.
Having said that, there are exceptions to this rule.
Instead of on-going monthly management, do you offer one time campaign setups and or optimizations?
Yes but in most cases we do not recommend it because AdWords is not designed to be a set it and forget it platform. If you do it that way be prepared to burn a lot of your clients money.
AdWords accounts, especially new ones, are like babies…they need attention and care and can not be left alone.
If you need some help with setting the campaign up and or optimizing and then you plan to continue to manage it, that is something we can help with.
How much should I charge my clients?
Many of our white label partners up-charge between 10-50% on top of the rates we charge them. It depends on the niche, how much the client is spending and the client’s average client lifetime value.
Are you a Google Certified agency?
Yes we are!
Where did you get your AdWords training?
We got our training from the school of hard knocks and by spending millions in ad spend in the health insurance niche…talk about trial by fire.
We stay current studying from today’s paid traffic masters including Mike Rhodes and Perry Marshall.
Is there a contract to work with you?
Everything we do is on a month to month basis.
If weren’t performing as advertised I wouldn’t expect you to stick around, nor should you be required to by some absurd contract.
Our strong performance and lack of client turn over allow us to remove the need for contracts.
What types of clients does AdWords work best for?
We suggest targeting clients with higher client lifetime values. Lawyers, roofers, contractors, security companies are just a few good examples but the list runs wide and deep.
What types of clients is AdWords not good for?
Businesses with small client values and or no repeat business. An example of a business PPC wouldn’t work great for would be a pizza shop. We want your clients to make money with their AdWords campaigns. If we feel there might be an issue we will discuss that with you prior to taking them on as a client.
How should I charge my client?
We suggest getting paid up front and with a recurring payment every 30 days. We suggest every 30 days, which is what we do, because charging “monthly” isn’t effective when doing white label because not all months have 30 days.
SAVE TIME & GROW YOUR BUSINESS FASTER
Increase inbound leads and get your phone ringing off the hook
- How Much Are PPC Management Fees? - October 31, 2016
- 10 Quick Steps To Proper Adwords Campaign Management - October 31, 2016
- 5 Tips From An Adwords Expert - October 31, 2016
- 4 Signs Your PPC Management Company Really Sucks - October 31, 2016
- 7 Signs You Need To Hire an Adwords Consultant ASAP - October 31, 2016
- Is Pay Per Click Management Worth The Investment? - October 31, 2016
- How To Hire The Best PPC Management Company - October 31, 2016
- Tips For Hiring A Pay Per Click Management Agency - October 31, 2016
- How To Find The Best Pay Per Click Advertising Agency - October 31, 2016
- What Is PPC Management And How Does It Work? - October 31, 2016